The AWF 2020 is divided in two main concepts: hiking in the morning and first part of the afternoon, and complementary activities (romanic art, museums, local gastronomy and tastings, conferences, etc … ) in the late afternoon and evening.
The AWF 2020 will last for 6 days, from September the 7th to the 12th 2020. Nevertheless, the credentials will be collected on Sunday September the 6th in the afternoon, in Soldeu village, or the afternoon before your first day in the AWF. On Sunday the 6th, in the afternoon, a welcome briefing will take place for participants.
The organisation offers two ways of participation: the full event, 6 days, or the reduced event, 4 days. In the moment of signing in, the website will require one of the two options to be chosen.
The excursions will be held in the following languages: catalan, spanish, french and english. Despite the website will be translated into german, we cannot guarantee excursions in this language.
All the participants will be covered by an accident insurance. Participants over 85 years old: on request.
Participants can choose among three different levels of difficulty in every outing:
- Level A: Excursions between 700 and 1.100 metres positive gradient.
- Level B: Excursions between 450 and 700 metres positive gradient.
- Level C: Excursions with a maximum 350 metres positive gradient.
In order to help the participants to choose their excursions, a wide description of every outing as well as its technical information will be available in its corresponding tab.
When signing up, the website will require the daily level of the excursion. If the participant, along the event, would like to change his/her previously chosen level, he/she will be able to do so, contacting the AWF organisation beforehand.
The complementary activities will be open for every participant, included in their AWF package, without any prior reservation.
- Daily excursion with a qualified mountain guide. One guide for every 15 hikers (whenever it’s possible)
- Every needed transfer from Soldeu village. Transfers to the excursions starting point and from the finishing point. Also, the necessary transfers to carry out the corresponding complementary activities (cultural visits, etc …)
- Daily packed lunch. Its composition will be published one month prior to the event. In the case of participants with food intolerances, they should notify it to the organization at the time of registration.
- Welcome pack, with technical commemorative t-shirt, and promotional products. At the time of registration, every participant should inform about their size.
- All the complementary activities (museums, churches, food and beverages tasting, conferences, etc ..)
- Closing party, with barbecue and live music.